Official Artist
Dan Burns-Findlay
Director , Sound Engineer , 3D / CAD Modeller or Animator
316,118 views| 309  Posts

Piracy > Creative Commons

Jay's posts here sparked me to highlight, once again, Creative Commons licensing which can be applied to music & film releases. You know that ring of text around the edge of most CDs which says ... how out of touch with reality is that?!Creative people should spend a few minutes checking out the Creative Commons web site and start issuing their music (& films?) under the licenses available there. For music CDs, myself and many other indie artists picked up on the following:http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/All this assumes, of course, that the person who made the work has complete rights over it ... easy to assume with music, perhaps not so with film. Your mileage may vary! Happy creating in the 21st Century.

almost 16 years ago 0 likes  3 comments  0 shares
Jayfc 5d jayfc
thx for that... nothing like a good bit of debate to spread valuable knowledge. I learned something today..
almost 16 years ago
Photo 33427
It's a nasty subject with no real answer. The correct course of action should've been plotted out 15 years ago, but ... :) Shame because now musicians are forced to get into merchandising and all sorts of other distractions just to finance making music. Unless of course they are fortunate / willing enough to tour.
almost 16 years ago


Arrive not Dead.

Learn More

Languages Spoken
Location (City, Country)
Member Since
July 6, 2007