Coverimage 79123

vince matthew chung

We're Landing on Hong Kong side !

Been super slack again with the blogging but this is HUGE .. so I gotta tell y'all to check it out!

What: 1st EVER ASIAN FLUGTAG Who: Alive not Dead Team When: 10/10/10 Where: West Kowloon Heliport ( West Kowloon Promenade) Why: .... because you'll want to be apart of HISTORY !

That's right folks , I'm going to be part of the Alive not Dead team along with Simon Yin, Derrick Fong and Gloria Wong!

With former NASA engineer Etchy drawing up the schematics we're sure to go far!

Go Big or Go Home ...  We're in it to win it ! With great strength comes great responsibility...erm well sorta ... you know what I mean!Our monstrosity stands over 5 meters high and will dwarfs all the competition...

My prediction is that it'll land somewhere near the Macau Ferry!  

no matter what , we'll make the biggest splash

See you all on Sunday!


0 people like this

Jeanne Hartman

Hey y'all I've been so slack with the blogging lately but I've got to let you all know about this...

##If y'all get a chance, sign up for Jeanne Hartman's acting class while she is still here in Hong Kong.  No matter what your acting experience or ability is,  you will definitely take something away to help you with your craft.  I just finished taking the 2 day intensive last week and it was AMAZING...

Jeanne creates a safe and fun environment to learn and play.  The great thing is that she doesn't tell you what you need to do to improve... but allows you to discover it on your own...There are no blanket questions and answers here... everyone actor is different and she knows how to get the best out of each and everyone one of us.  I learned so much while going through my scene work and also by observing others.  I was blessed to be in the same course with some great actors and directors who all brought a myriad of experience to every scene dissection and discussion. 

Thanks to AnD and Jason Tobin for helping co-ordinate these classes!  Thanks Jeanne for helping me become a better "detective".  See y'all at the final gathering!! 


0 people like this

VMC X Fox Crime

Hey Y'all.... I'm back blogging again!  Still waiting for some moollah...

You will all get to see my ugly mug on TV more haha...

The CB FRESH boys recently shot a series of promos for Fox Crime that should be airing after the Lunar New Year...

Yes I am the angelic one .... haha....

"What .. What are you looking at....?" 

Apparently, with my wardrobe, I could double as Han Solo...stay tuned ... cause sometimes....  crime does pay...  HAHA


0 people like this

Four Hours Behind

Team Hong Kong ... Four Hours Behind ...  "Don't get lost!"

Governorate of Muscat Office  We started 4 hours behind because we were unable to complete the roadblock from the last leg and had to stay focused on our tasks..... one thing we always remembered was "Don't get lost!"  We headed down the cliffs and navigated our way to the Governorate of Muscat Office.  We flagged down a taxi to bring us there so that we wouldn't waste any time.  When we got there we saw that there was an Hours of operation sign .. so we knew that we had caught up a little already.  As we ran towards the clue box I saw a sign that told us to keep off the grass and to "Respect the grass!" but I don't think Sam saw it and he ran on it ...  that's why I yelled that out. when he ran on it.... hahaha... we're in a foreign place we needed to respect their laws and customs. 

Said's Camel Farm

Getting to the farm was a task in itself.  It was quite far away and off the main road.  We had to navigate with our 4x4 through the sand using the other teams' tracks as a guide.  When we finally got there we had to guide 10 camels that were tied up into a cage on the other side of the compound.  This was not an easy task because the camels that were left seemed to be VERY MEAN.  Sam tried to pull on it's leash and it flung him to the ground.  I had to wrap the leash around my hands a few times so that it was secure and that way I could prevent them from breaking free.  Our camels seemed not to want to move and would refuse to go in the direction we wanted them to go.  The extreme heat and sun made things worse.  I watched the Omani boy who was at the Camel Farm give directions to the camels so I mimicked what he did to coax the camels into the cage.  When we were finally done we got our next clue.

Road Block: Who holds the key to your destiny? The next task was a Roadblock and we needed and by the like of the clue it seemed to be a puzzle / patience needed task.  That’s Sam’s specialty so he decided to do it.  We had to then navigate to ourselves to the Uber Sand Dunes in Oman… again it was off the paved roads with no clearly mapped out roads.  As we drove deeper into the sands are 4x4 started to get bogged down and we were stuck.  I told Sam my experience with driving in the snow….and how to prevent getting stuck.   I had to get out and push a few times  but we eventually got there.  On the way to the sand dunes we saw both Geoff and Tish and Tania and Ida’s vehicle pass us so we knew that we were hot on their tail.  Sam had to use a metal detector.  To comb through an area about the size of half a soccer field to look for a key to open a lock that would give us our next clue.  This task required stamina and patience because there were many “wrong” keys that would not work with the lock.  As well, the SUN WAS AT IT”S STRONGEST during midday and we were in the middle of the desert.  I told him that I would stay out in the sun with him while he looked to give him support.  I had a swim coach when I was younger that made a deal with all of us and said that he wouldn’t sit while we practiced…  this was psychologically motivating so I did the same for team unity.  He had to stop and rest in the tent area a few times because he was getting heat exhaustion from being out there too long.  After about 25 minutes of looking for the key we were able to find the right one and open the lock to get our clue.

Travel to Phuket Thailand We had to travel to our final destination of Phuket Thailand.  We ran right for our jeep and headed for the airport.  We had crisscrossed around across Muscat and a few times and so we knew how to get to the airport.  At the airport the stress started... In order to to get to Phuket we had to go to Dubai first.  We got to the counter and it was closed.  The guy counter told us that we were too late and would not sell us tickets.  We went to a few counters but they had no flights so we went back to the original counter and begged him.  As we were trying to persuade him  we saw the other teams happily walk by us because they had secured their tickets from Oman to Phuket already.  Geoff and Tish were going to Phuklet via  Dubai and Bangkok... while Tania and Ida had tickets to Phuket via Dubai and Singapore or K.L. ... which would put them way ahead of Geoff and Tish.  We were happy just to get to Dubai and by God's grace we were able to buy tickets quickly ran towards the gate.  It was miracle that we were able to buy tickets, clear customs and get to the flight within one hour.  When we entered the plane we saw the faces of the other teams.  They were quite disappointed haha... but we had not secured the next round of flights at that point in time so we had make sure not to waste time in Dubai. 

When we got to Dubai we raced out of the plane and went to the ticket counters to try to purchase tickets to Bangkok... but the one that counted was closed.  We used that time to research on the internet on the best possible way to get to Phuket.  From what we could gather, the best possible way was take a Thai Airways flight to Bangkok and then look for a Air Asia flight in Bangkok to Phuket.  The problem was that we were unable to buy these tickets online because we were looking to travel within 24 hours, the internal counter was still closed and if we wanted to go to the ticket counter outside we would have pass through immigration to go outside buy tickets and then come back in ... but there was no guarantee if there were any seats left.  We decided to wait it out inside the airport and the ticket counter eventually opened.   We bought our tickets to Bangkok but we had no tickets from Bangkok to Phuket.  

On the plane I asked the flight attendant for the book that has all the flight schedule's and sure enough the Air Asia flight was the fastest for us at that point in time.  When we got to Bangkok we raced out of the plane and headed for the ticket counter to purchase tickets.  We were lucky that there was space still on the flight.  When we went to check in we saw Geoff and Tish already there.  They were also able to get themselves seated in the very first row so that they could be the first out of the plane.  It was a mad dash for the taxi stand when we landed in Phuket but Geoff and Tish managed to be just ahead of us and took the first taxi.  We had to wait for about 5 minutes for the next taxi to arrive.


We quickly found our way to the Temple and found our next clue.

Thai Trade Food Ice Factory When we got to the Ice Factory  we saw three full barrels of ice.  We didn't see Geoff and Tish and we weren't sure where Ida and Tania were because we heard that they had planned to take an earlier flight into Phuket through KL.  We jumped right into our task and started looking for the "souvenir" in the ice bucket.  I wrapped my hands with towels because the ice was so cold and Sam put on gloves he picked up from Vietnam.  I had a feeling that the "thing" we were looking for was either clear like an ice cube or blue like the barrel.  We were careful not too throw the ice too far away in case we didn't see "it" ... and towards the very bottom of the bucket when all the ice was gone... I saw the small little clear plastic block with The Amazing Race Asia logo etched inside.  I exchanged this for our next clue.

Lam Hin Pier Geoff and Tish and Ida and Tania were no where insight and we were off to the Pier to look for our next clue.  But on the way our taxi driver needed to get gas and so we decided to get another taxi.Our newtaxi driver knew exactly where to go.  THIS WAS THE KEY.... the funny thing is that he told us that he had moved recently to Phuket from Bangkok but miraculously he knew where all these obscure places were....We arrived at the Pier, told our taxi driver to wait in case we need him again and ran out towards the very end to get our next clue.

Search for the Fisherman...

We ran back what seemed an insane distance just to pay our taxi driver... and then ran back to the end of the pier to get our boat ( we remembered to always pay our taxi driver since the incident on first leg).   We scanned all the boat drivers and picked the one who seemed to know where to go and also would be able to get us there quickly.  Pretty soon we had found the fisherman and the clue he gave directed us to was  to  Middle Island to do a detour.

Pick or Plunge

I thought that the plunge task would be easier because we didn't need to stick together and I had swam competitively when I was younger and Sam was a decent swimmer himself.  However the water was murky and after a few minutes in we decided to switch tasks.  (this was the first time that we had ever decided to do that.) ... we quickly ran to the kayaks and paddled out to the look for the marked clams.  It was a miracle because Sam found the right clam out of 800 within a few minutes,  When we went to exchange the clam for our clue it directed us to go dig for the chest with our money in it. 

Looking for the treasure chest We picked a plot that was shaded so that we could stay out of the intense sun.  We had no idea how big the chest was , where it was or how deep it was ... so our plan was to dig from the outside perimeter on opposite sides and to dig about one arms length deep.  I believe that it was about 20 minutes into digging with our bare hands when we I hit something.  We focused our energy on digging out the treasure chest for another 15 minutes.  It was lodged in quite solidly.  I imagine that the producers had prepared it the day before and packed down the sand and poured water onto so that it was like concrete.  It was taking so long and I was so frustrated with the whole thing so I decided to kick the chest and in that instant it became dislodged.  A foot race to the finish.... we quickly pulled out the chest with our money in it and followed the arrows to the Final Pit stop.  We really had no idea because Tania and Ida and were not seen and Geoff and Tish were just behind us.  We could hear the cheers of the other Racers and used that as guide as well to find the Final Pit Stop.

Then around the bend we saw them... Alan... the other teams and THE PIT STOP... we ran a fast as we could and dropped the Treasure chest onto the mat and waited for Alan to tell us the results... I'm so sad now... that it's over.... I'd rather be racing!

side note... everyone asked why we had no shirts for the final task...

well I had no idea where my shirt had gone after the Plunge task and I thought that we could drape Sam's Hong Kong shirt over the chest as we were running to the pit was all a blur and I don't remember why we didn't do that though it though... sorry to all the viewers who had to witness that scene... haha...

hmm maybe I can get into Men's Health now... with one of those "Before and After" articles haha ...again are there any gyms that want to sponsor me while I'm training ?  Alan Wu you better watch out!!!  hahahaHONG KONGfights back after a 4 hour time penalty to win

THE AMAZING RACE ASIA 3Remember … “There’s No Giving Up!”VMC

0 people like this



4 hours back but still in the RACE…

Baja Caves We had to travel to Baja caves, which was 60km away.  When we got there it there was an hour of operations so we decided to go to rest at a motel nearby.  In the morning all the teams bunched early at the hours of operation and we hiked up the steep steps to get our clue.

Travel to Pune by train We then had to take a train to Pune and then look for a statue at the station and take note of the information stated on it.  The train was packed to the brim with people.  I was lucky to get a seat for the 1 hour journey.  When we got to the station we followed Geoff because he had talked to a local who was going to bring us to the statue but our guide brought us to a statue that was 10 minutes away. We figured that it was the wrong statue because it wasn’t even near the train station so we had to double back.  When we got station we saw a statue and it was of Gandhi.  We copied all the info down and head to the Standard Charter bank to look for the next clue.

Bank When we got to the bank the clue asked us to key into the designated bank machine the birthday year of Gandhi.  That information wasn’t on the statue but luckily Sam was talking to the taxi driver about stuff and Gandhi’s birthday came up during the conversation.  We keyed in 1869 and received our next clue.

Muscat Oman We next had to travel to Muscat Oman.  We went to a travel agent to book our flights out of Pune.  While waiting for our flights we bought some long sleeved shirts because we knew that the sun would be intense…and we were not properly prepared for the desert.

All the teams took the same flights which transferred in Mumbai to Oman.

Al Alam Palace

When we got to the Oman we had to search the airport for a designated jeep.  From there, our clue asked us to drive to Al Alam Palace to search for the next clue.  We hired a taxi driver to lead us to the right place.  The funny thing was that he couldn’t understand that we were racing and he would stop at all these tourists sites … even on the shoulder of the highway to show us his city.  He told us to take pictures and was being basically a tour guide.  What nice guy but … we were RACING haha… We got to the palace but had difficulty finding the clue box… it was hidden obscurely in the corner and we drove everywhere in the complex looking for it.  

Nizwa Fort We next had drive to Nizwa Fort to search for our next clue.  I asked our taxi guide to show us the way to the fort and but he wanted to park his car and then ride with us there.  We told him that he couldn’t come with us because we were in a race and we couldn’t bring him back to his car… so he reluctantly go back in his car.  Well .. the reason that he didn’t want to go was because the fort is actually outside of Muscat…. 140 km away.  We had to drive through the night and we had been up quite along time since when we started in Pune the night before.  I had to stay awake in case Sam fell asleep at the wheel.  We finally got to the fort and it was an hours of operations…. GREAT …all the teams bunching together again!  We decided to rest in jeep for a few hours because we were all dead tired.  The other teams also did the same.  When the fort opened we raced in and started searching the grounds for the clue box… I thought that we should go right to the top and work down.  It was a maze inside and when we got to the courtyard I spotted the clue box and ran up to get the envelope.  We raced back down to see open it because we didn’t want the other teams to see where the box was.  We thought we had it but when we opened it up the clue was a decoy … and when I looked around … there were multiple boxes… GRRR… that meant that we had to run up the different steps just to check each one to see if it help the real clues….  I think that on the third try we were able to find the correct clue and it directed us to drive back to Muscat and look for Mutra Souque.

Mutra Souque- Carpet or Count it

By this time I had read the map and figured out where all the places where ,,, we were driving BACK to the city where we were the day before… out taxi guide from the other day actually tried to park his car in that area.  SO… we then started to drive off but when we left Sam wanted to make sure that we went to the right we split the fare for a  taxi guide  with Geoff and Tish.  When we got to the square I spotted the box on top of the steps and we all ran to get the clue.  It was Detour! CARPET OR COUNT IT…   I thought that it would be easier to count limes because at least it’s not a luck based challenge … it would require concentration but it wasn’t a searching task.  When we got to the market we saw Ida and Tania counting already… I’m not sure how long they had been there but they did leave the fort slightly before us.  I don’t remember exactly our formula for counting but I think each took 10 limes out of the sack and put them into the basket and at each transfer we would tally on a paper as “1” so that at the end, all we would need to would be to multiply our tally total by 10… This was a good strategy and we actually had the right number 1601 on one of the first few counts ... but Sam thought that we must have made a mistake with the extra “1” so we gave the answer as 1600…. WRONG… that meant that we had to go back and count the limes ALL OVER AGAIN… we couldn’t just stand there and keep guessing around that number.  We again had a wrong number the second round through and after a few more times we got 1601 again so we submitted that to the judge and we got our clue.  

Wadi Tanuf

Are clue asked us to drive back to the opposite direction taking the same highway towards the fort.  Argh … back again on another long drive… 2 ½ hours away. Periodically we would take stop to ask locals to tell us where to go… and EVERYONE told us the same route… so we listened to them… and we got LOST… Most people refer to the area of WADI TANUF as one side of the mountain range … but we had to actually be on the other side of the range… We were driving around EVERYWHERE in that area… even going into places that we not meant to be driven on …we went into an areaw where there were WILD GOATS and a STREAM … it was NOT A ROAD haha…

We during our search we saw Ida and Tania and shared our information with them… we kind of worked together for a bit but then they decided to take off on there own… so we continued to drive and search… We then went towards the city area close by and saw Geoff and Tish. 

They had been searching EVERYWHERE too… we decided to stay together until we could find the right area…  while asking for directions at a petrol station we bumped into Fuzzie and AD… so all of us searched together … we finally got to the right entrance to the area and Tania and Ida came right up behind us.  So all four teams drove along the cliffs towards the right destination…the scenery was beautiful but it was a little scary because it was basically a very narrow road without barriers … it would be very easy to drive off especially since Sam was driving  ( he was more experience at driving standard but being from Singapore and now living in Hong Kong he is used to driving on the right side of the car not the left… and he would often veer to the shoulder when driving.. YIKES… !)

Roadblock Tyrolean Traverse

We were first to get the clue and when we opened it was a Roadblock.  After reading the clue we thought that it was something that had to do with heights but not strength and since I had done four roadblocks Sam should do this one to even up.  Little did we know that this was going to backfire on us.  The task was to travel across a canyon on a zip line to retrieve the and to then return to the other side to open it.  

The task seemed simple enough but it was quite physically demanding.  I knew that we were in trouble when Sam was slowing down and was unable to move when he was almost at the end.  The angle was quite steep and he had no more strength to pull himself up.  All I could do was encourage him by telling him not to give up… but I was really frustrated sort of like a coach on the sideline watching his team lose.  Ida and Geoff finished already and after attempting to get back on his own for almost half and hour I finally agreed with him that it was not possible and we took the four hour penalty as a consequence… I think that this was the first time that I was really emotional .. I can only describe it as feeling like being on the losing end of the SuperBowl  … you’ve come so far but yet… you didn’t win.  Lots of things went through my mind but I couldn’t blame Sam for not completing the task.  After all this is a team game and you win and lose together…. He tried his best that’s all I can ask for... we would have to wait to see if team Singapore would be able to complete the challenge or not.  

Fuzzie chose to do the Roadblock and was unable to complete it.. and we were saved from elimination.  Who knows what would have happened if AD did it...they also thought that it was a walking task ….

 I don’t know if even I could have completed it…

We pit stopped 3rd but now with a 4 hour penalty. But one thing remains…Thank-you God because we’re still in the RACE!

Watch AXN this Thursday night Nov. 20th for the Final Episode to see what happens.


0 people like this

Episode 9 We're back on top!

We’re back on top!

Go to Pune India and Cricket Stadium

We got into our taxi and headed back to the airport to take a flight to Mumbai.  On the plane I asked a flight attendant what the best way to get to Pune was and she said that we should get a pre-paid taxi because it would be ensure that we get there and at a fair price.  When we got to Pune we had to look for a stadium to get our next clue.  Geoff and Tish were ahead of us and we saw that their taxi stopped so we stopped ours  Geoff had saw the flag and so we followed them and left our taxi … however… it was the wrong place.

 It was not the stadium but the next challenge location.  We had to flag down an auto rickshaw to bring us to the stadium.  That was quite a challenge because not everyone could speak English but we were finally were able to find one. 


When we finally got to the stadium we had to put on all the cricket gear and hit a cricket ball to the wall.  I have never played cricket but I do play baseball and softball so I just used the same swing. 

On the first pitch I swung and missed but I was able to get a feel of the speed and angle the ball was coming at   … so on the second pitch I adjusted my swing and hit the ball… it passed through all the fielders and hit the boards!

Nokia GPS

We next had to use the GPS navigation system on a Nokia phone to bring us to the next challenge … it was really fun kind of like playing a video game…. Haha … we overshot our turns a few times and even directed our driver to turn into a pedestrian walkway to get back on course…


When we got to the destination I decided to do the roadblock… it was a good thing too because it was another searching task and I’m taller and had a better view of the situation hahah.... it was quite confusing because I had to search for the CORRECT pheta but the guys wearing them were all moving around,,,, !!!  my system was to start on one side and move up and down the coloumns making sure that I stopped everyone as I swept through…after many many incorrect phetas I eventually found the CORRECT pheta in the middle of the field….

Tell Us a Joke

We next had to go to the Sony store and use the HD handycam to record someone telling us joke in English that a panel would  later judge to determine if it was funny or not.

We ran out of the store ready to rock and roll and asked numerous people to tell us jokes but most didn’t speak English… we luckily found a couple on a scooter who were willing to tell us a joke… and luckily when we played it on the BRAVIA TV the panel gave it the THUMBS UP …

Why did the one handed man cross the street?..... To go to the second hand shop! …. HAR HAR HAR…

Push or Crush

We decided CRUSH and sell juice because we thought that it would be fun haha…. we had to make 200 rupees in sales so I asked our driver how much sugarcane juice usually goes for and he told us 5 rupees so that meant selling 40 cups… When we got to the destination we realized that it was an OLD SCHOOL sugarcane juice maker haha… I decided to be the one turning the machine… and Sam would feed the sugarcane into it …

t wasn’t caught on camera but while turning the machine I knocked Sam in the head a few times with the lever haha… we wanted to get out of the area ASAP because we knew that the other teams were on the way and we didn’t want to share the crowd with them when we were selling our juice… while we were making the juice we saw Tania and Ida pushing a cart full of pots…. We thought that they would have chosen to juice since pushing the cart seemed really exhausting … eventually were able to sell 40 cups and were off to find the next clue  

U TURN and Pit Stop

When we opened the clue we realized that we there was a U TURN ahead so we wanted to get there before anyone could U TURN us… When we got to the U TURN station we decided not to use it because we were confident that we were substantially ahead and not in danger of being last but we thought that Tania and Ida might be ahead of us so we were not in contention to become first… and since you can only use a YIELD and U TURN once … we thought that it wouldn’t be a good time to use it…  (you never know …we might need to use it later)

After the U TURN station we opened our clue and it told us the head for the PIT-STOP we got back into our auto rickshaw and headed for the Gokhale Institute.  When we jumped onto the mat we were shocked when Alan said to us … YOU ARE TEAM NUMBER 1 !!!!!  

AWESOME !!!  plus we got COOL NOKIA PHONES TOO for coming in first for that leg….

And … yes I CHOOSE D... all of the above… because in this RACE anything can happen TEAM HK still in the game…


0 people like this

Episode 8

Episode 8

That was close!  

Go to the Ruins of St. Paul We started early in the morning at the Temple and had to go to the Ruins to get the next clue which directed us to go back to the Macau Tower.  We were lucky that some kids were touring around on scooters and happened to be hanging around at the temple area.  We used their phones to call a taxi to come get us. 

Macau Tower Of course … I knew that the next task would require someone to bungee… what other challenge would there be to do?  We arrived second and it was an “hours of operation” in effect so we just stayed there and waited it out.  The four teams all bunched together to wait.  When the doors opened it was a Roadblock.  To even out the Roadblocks Sam decided to do the bungee jump.  I really wanted to do it actually but for strategy we needed to even it out.  The teams members remaining stayed at the bottom of the tower to wait and we all cheered the other competitors together!  When we got the clue it told us to go back to Hong Kong by ferry and then to go to the MASkargo holding centre.  Little did we know that Geoff and Tish actually took the helicopter ( which is much faster).  

MASkargo When we got to the cargo holding centre there were MILLIONS of different sized boxes with names that were very similar to all the team members.  We had to be very patient but work quickly and efficiently.  When watching it on TV… Sam actually missed the box with our names on it… haha!!  He’s supposed to be the patient, calm and analytical one too!  I found the box on our second sweep!  When we opened the box we had to read the letters out loud to the camera before receiving our next clue.  My letter was from a family friend in Hong Kong and Sam’s was from his parents.  I tried to hold back my emotions but Sam like most of the teams was overcome with emotion.  We had been racing for so long and it was great to hear from someone from home.  It did hit me though in the taxi ride to the airport and I was a little “spaced”(as seen when exiting the taxi).

Cochin India

We had to travel to Cochin India so when we got to the airport in Hong Kong we we confident that we knew what we were doing.  After all it was our home turf and we were 2nd and in front of the other teams.  We asked multiple desks and figured out every possible way to get to Cochin.  

Now again the next few events made a difference in the final outcome of this leg.  

We had found a flight to MUMBAI on AIR INDIA but were unable to purchase tickets because of a somerestrictions…..!!!!  We pleaded with the counter and looked for loopholes but we were unsuccessful.  ( now … this is the SAME flight that AD &FUZZIE and IDA&TANIA eventually took to Mumbai to transfer to Cochin.. to this day I HAVE NO IDEA how they were able to secure this WHEN both Bernie and Henry and our team were UNABLE TO PERSUADE them…)  We shared our info with all the other teams that were there at the airport and told them what our plan were.  Ida and Tania weren’t even at the airport at this time, it was just AD FUZZIE and BERNIE HENRY…

instead of waiting for the next bookable FLIGHT…The next best thing to do was to fly to Singapore from Hong Kong on an earlier flight to catch a flight to Mumbai and then transfer in MUMBAI to the AIR INDIA flight to COCHIN ( the same COCHIN flight that AD &FUZZIE and IDA&TANIA eventually took).  Three teams were all clumped together at the same ticket counters and internet terminals After doing their own research and thinking about the situation Bernie and Henry decided that this was best for their team too since (they had a choice to stick with AD and FUZZIE whom did not buy any tickets to anywhere yet at this point ) there should have been no problem getting to Cochin because we had more than 2 hours to do this when arriving in MUMBAI… but… We had actually arrived in Mumbai ahead of AD & FUZZIE and IDA & TANIA) but because we had not taken an Air India flight into Mumbai we had to do customs and check out and then check back in… ( or something like that) … For some reason this process took an excess of 2 HOURS… both of our teams were quite discouraged and because this should not have happened.  IT SHOULD NEVER TAKE THIS LONG….

Because of this … we had to think on our feet and the next best thing to do was to travel to the domestic terminal and take a flight on a domestic carrier to Cochin… but again… we had to wait and hoped that the hours of operations were going to slow the other teams down.

When arriving to Cochin in the morning both of our teams knew that this would probably be it … either us or them … but we both help each other to the Temple to get the next clue.  

Temple When arriving at the Temple we got our blessing and then our next clue.  It required us to travel quite a distance to wash an elephant.  

Washing the ElephantBy this time we knew that we were the last two teams because there were only two clues left in the box in front of the temple.  This is when you run on adrenaline… haha and you are at the mercy of your transportation.  THE KEY… IS NOT TO GET LOST… which in a foreign land is not easy to do… After about an hour and a half drive we arrived at our elephant washing destination and picked the elephant that was closest to the water.  We quickly washed the elephant and made sure to handle it with respect and care…


After reading the clues I thought that carrying fish would be the better choice.  We were wired and I don’t think that concentrating on a delicate task would be good … as well the location of the FISH task seemed to be more well known so FISH it was. When we got there we saw the GIANT fish that we had to TRANSPORT… MAN THEY WERE HUGE!!  This was a RACE dammit so I decided to power through and take 2 at a time… the fish were slippery, frozen, smelly and awkwardly balanced.  The first trip was torturous because we had NO idea how far and where the restaurant was.  We figured that someone there would know and that they would help us … luckily some dude showed us the way.  It was quite a long trek… maybe 15 minutes pf walking with the fish over my shoulders and then  having to walk upstairs to drop it off … grrr. I was ANGRY hahaha…  the second trip was much better because we knew how far we had to walk and could pace ourselves.

Bolgatty Palace. After delivering the 6 fish we finally got the Pit Stop clue.  We ran to our taxi who kindly stayed for us and got on our way… all we could do is pray that he knew where to go and that there would be no traffic.  It was the longest taxi ride since we had no idea where Henry and Bernie were…maybe we figured that they had done the Fill task but were not sure if they were ahead or if we would be able to beat them in a footrace.  In the taxi we both agreed that we had done the best that we could and that we would be content with the results no matter what they were when we arrived at the mat!  When we got near to the area… another car had come out of nowhere and plugged up the single lane way… we honked and honked but they wouldn’t leave so we decided to pay the taxi driver and run to the pit-stop he said it was about 5 minutes away … MORE like 15 minutes away and the the actual pit stop was deep into the palace grounds near the water…

I was exhausted from carrying the fish, and running from the taxi , searching for the pit stop while carrying my backpack… we jumped onto the mat and waited for Alan’s response…. You are team number….. FOUR….!!!

We actually had mixed feelings because we knew that we had scraped by and avoided elimination but that meant having to say good-bye to Henry and Bernie who are really cool and funny.  The Race definitely became more serious at that point since there were only four teams left.



0 people like this

Episode 7

Episode 7

Woah Nelly that was action packed!

Goldfish Market

The first thing we did when we got our clue was to give Tania and Ida money for the next leg.  This was a tradition that we knew of from the previous Races…  We opened the clue and went to the Goldfish Market in Mong Kok to pick up 2 goldfish each.  They were very interesting, oddly shaped and rather large goldfish… not the ones you typically think of.  We had then returned back to Hong Kong side and went to the fish store in Sheung Wan.  The store was not open yet so we decided to rest and go to a nearby hotel for some shut-eye.  In the morning we went to the fish store and all the teams except Tania and Ida were there... We queued up first in line and exchanged our fish for the clue.  Travel to Macau Our clue asked us to travel to Macau by ferry.  I knew we were in Sheung Wan and so the Ferry Terminal was close by… but I wasn’t’ exactly which would be faster… We initially flagged a taxi down and I think the other teams saw us… but  we decided to run to the terminal when I realized that we were only a few blocks away.  We  were able to get onto the next ferry to Macau within 15 mins of leaving the fish store.  At Macau we were we had to take a pedicab to Senado Square to get our next clue.  We looked for a “stronger” driver because we knew that we would be getting him to go as fast as he could.  The clue box was easily visible as it was in the middle of the square. Macau Tower The clue directed us to Macau Tower and there was a caution that there was a “Yield” ahead. We quickly grabbed a taxi and headed over to the  Tower.  In the taxi we contemplated how the yield would affect the game.

Commentary ---

Now apparently the next few events that happened have caused quite a stir with the people watching when it was shown on TV…. And I’ll add my thoughts to each of them

On screen we were shown to have said “ We would yield our direct competitors and they shall remain nameless…. And it’s not advantageous to yield them at this point in time and show our hand completely…” I will tell you all right now that there were more than one teams who we thought were direct competitors for whatever reason.  Yes we did get along with everybody but it was a RACE… now… That clip that was shown was purposely used to set up a clip for later… we definitely had a lot of thoughts that were not shown about different scenarios with regards to the yield… but regardless our main objective when using a Yield would be to create distance between us and another team to either allow us to “win that leg” or not be eliminated…. knowing that we had yet to do a task this leg and that we had to go to Macau tower  as well as knowing that Tania and Ida would be very far behind us… we decided to NOT use the Yield on ANYONE…. ( I thought we would be bungee jumping and yielding somebody would not make a real difference since it was early in this leg and if it was bungee jumping --- it could be done only one at a time anyway… there would be a lot of time wasted in queuing up in line for the next person and the yield wouldn’t do much).  

Now the next clip regarding the yield showed Geoff and Tish saying “ I just hope that strategy wise that the Hong Kong boys have yielded someone… hopefully not US…. cause they would think that WE were far behind… “   (That in itself says that they were not sure what we were planning to do.. including possibly yielding them) When we opened the clue we  realized that it probably wasn’t’ bungee jumping since it read “Who wants to climb the tower of success”  I decided to do it since I thought that it would probably a physically demanding task.  I had to climb the tower’s mast  … all the way to the TOP to receive the next clue.  Apparently the tower is the 10th tallest tower in the world…. I got geared up and ready to go.  It really was a physically demanding task as the climb was up multiple ladders inside and then outside the tower.  It just seemed to be never ending!  The outside part of the climb was quite scary since you’re extremely high up on the mast and if I remember correctly there is just one safety clip between our harness and the ladder.  As well the person giving me the clue was shaking the mast so that it would move!!!  FREAKY!!!!   Now while I was climbing there was drama brewing down in the waiting area….

Geoff and Tish had apparently yielded Henry and Bernie… then….

When Tish told Sam … Sam gave her a “high five” and said “that’s cool”… Sam has reflected on this action in his blog already …see part of it below:


Was I really happy to see Bernie & Henry being yielded? No. My reaction was over-done. When Geoff said that they had yielded a team, I had fully expected them to yield Henry & Bernie (which I believe wasn't personal; it was a strategic move. Bernie & Henry ARE really a very strong team; why yield a physically weaker team? hopefully, they will really see that it's a compliment). So when Tisha revealed that it was really Bernie & Henry who were yielded, I was so excited at my right prediction that I high-fived Tisha. I wasn't so much excited at the fact that Bernie & Henry got yielded, but more excited at my correct prediction. And so upon hindsight, appearing happy was probably stupid & I don't EVEN remember ever doing that until i saw it on TV - because it can be interpreted in wrong ways.

Dragonboat The next task we needed to paddle a dragon boat around a buoy to receive our next clue. I am really competitive and just want to get things done.  I was extremely tired from climbing the mast and then we had to paddle a dragon boat with only two people  around a buoy.  I was irritated because you must work as a team and paddle together with the oars entering the water at the same time… that’s why there is a drummer so that you could keep the same pace and be efficient but Sam wasn’t keeping with the beat.  I have paddled dragon boat before so I got into that mindset and did what we used to do by shouting and chanting together and then to add energizing words like “Pump It Up !!!” … Sam thought I was getting down on him so he shouted back at me… with some words that got BLEEPED hahaha!  I’m not the only one now with the BLEEPED WORDS HAHA!!  He realized that he was wrong later ...haha..


When we finally returned to the dock we got our next clue.

Detour We had to go to the Casino to play Blackjack and win 9 hands to spell the word COMPLETED.   I thought that the casino would be easier to find than the Pagoda and that when leaving we would be able to get a taxi easily too…  As well, winning 9 hands of Blackjack is quite easy… ( I have played before and I know the strategies to win… PLUS I’ve watched SWINGERS ----- "always double down on 11  !!! " HAHA )  When we got there we had to put on “Formal” wear before starting.   It was quite easy to play and it was a nice change to dry off inside.  We also thought that it would be funny to change the costumes and names around on Henry and Bernie ( the only reason that we did this was because we were friends with them not because we didn't like them ...and I knew that they would appreciate the JOKE and think that it was funny… AND THEY DID …… YOU CAN SEE HENRY AND HEAR BERNIE LAUGHING..... We would have done that to GEOFF AND TISH too but we knew that they went to do the lion dance.)

Chinese Zodiac and Pit-Stop We had to travel to the Ah Mah cultural centre Colane island in Macau to find our next clue.  It was POURING RAIN and there were NO TAXIS... and we even flagged some down that declined our business.  When we go there we realized that it was the pit-stop but before entering it we had complete the CHINESE ZODIAC first.  Neither of us memorized the Zodiac but we had enough clues and also enough knowledge of our friends and family’s Zodiac characters that we were able to do it in two tries.  We only got mixed up with one of the animals actually. 2nd place….I’m content with our placing but that TV and PS3 sure looked SWEET !!!! DAMN… so close!!!

….watch to see what happens next will be intense, Thursday night on AXN!


0 people like this

Episode 6

We're on our way home ... but still in the game and still in first! 

Fly to Hong Kong

When we opened the clue we were excited to fly to Hong Kong.  I wanted to go to unexplored places far flung from my previous travels but as far as getting ahead in the Race… I was quite happy to travel to our home turf.  We were able to take the early flight out from Taipei and knew exactly where to go. 

(guest announcer for the FINAL CALL ...haha) (Sam's part time job ...)King’s Park sports ground is not exactly well known but I play Slo-pitch softball there and was able to direct our taxi.  We had no idea on what our task would be.  I was prepping to kick soccer balls or rugby balls or do some obstacle course….but all we had to do was run through the rugby players practice… I was too quick for them.. haha… and did my patented shake-and-bake juke move haha…. SIGN ME UP … I’ll FREEZE all opponents in their tracks haha… We got to the clue box and were told to go Peel street to look for our next clue.  We were lucky to run back through the rugby practice and catch our taxi before it left.  It would have been a real inconvenience to go back to the bottom of the hill to find another taxi.  We knew exactly where to go and the fastest route to get there.  The traffic can be horrendous and bumper to bumper if you take the wrong tunnel to cross from Kowloon to Hong Kong Island.  We found the clue box quickly and it was Detour… ( Cue Alan walking and talking… A detour is a choice between two tasks each with it’s own pros and cons...) Get Lucky or Get Fishy!  We decided to Get Lucky and crunch through 300 fortune cookies instead of scaling fish.  Who wants to scale fish…??? Not fun!!![](/attachments/2008/10/79123_200810201814194.thumb.jpg) We had to read out every fortune that we came across and look for the “right: clue… We crunched through 290 of those suckers before finding the right one ..ARGH !!!  Roadblock

We had to cross back to Kowloon side taking the Star Ferryand then go to Ladies Market to search for the next clue.  When we got there it was a Roadblock.  Who’s got an eye for the Ladies?  We figure that it wasn’t a “physical” task so Sam volunteered to do it. The problem was that he had pick a handbag from the selection we were given and search the market for a person with the exact same handbag.  He’s “vertically challenged” haha and so I was worried that it would be difficult to scan across the whole area..haha.  But luckily we was patient and able to eventually find the match.  Pit-stop

We had to make our way to Blake Pier in Stanley Bay.  Now … I’m from Hong Kong but I never call Stanley…. “Stanley Bay” …. And had no idea where Blake Pier was… So I wanted to make sure where we were going to the right place… there are so many “Bays” in Hong Kong with similar names so I actually had to look at one of those tourist maps to make sure we were going to the right place…Luckily we picked up a few at the airport and sure enough.. what I know of as just “Stanley…. is the same as Stanley Bay”  

1st on our Home Turf!!!![](/attachments/2008/10/79123_200810201829311.thumb.jpg) We live to see another week… GO TEAM HONG KONG!!!


0 people like this

Sony commercial

Some behind the scenes shots of the Sony Commercial that we shot in September.  I saw it for the first time yesterday.  It was supposed to be a 2 day shoot but we squeezed it into one SUPER LONG DAY... but it was worth it cause then it allowed us more free time to hang out in Singapore!  I'll try to get a copy of it and post it haha...

I can add "Hand Model" to my CV haha...

... supper Singaporean Style after a long day of shooting ... with Hokkien Mee and Nasi Lemak!

A lot of people have commented that the commercial means something... but the truth of it is that the Sony people picked the teams based on different criteria... as well when talking to them they have no idea what happens and are glued to the TV every week,  also there will be other teams doing different things...I'm sure...just keep your eyes out for them !!

Wishful thinking y'all  !!!  HAHA !!!!  VMC

0 people like this

Book this artist

Join now to follow vince matthew chung

vince matthew chung

Actor , MC / Show Host , Comedian


everything tastes good when it's deep fried... Check it next project! .... HAHAHA... !!!! VMC ...Read more

Member Since April 30, 2008
Fans 523
Profile Views 103,661
Location Hong Kong