- Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
Vital Stats: Etty Lau Farrell
- Member for: 2292 day(s)
- Gender: Female
- Birthday: December 10
- Location: Los Angeles , Hong Kong
- Languages spoken: English, Cantonese
- Relationship status: Married
- Interested in meeting people for:: Friends, Just looking Around
- Chinese Zodiac: Tiger
- Astrological Sign: Sagittarius 11/22-12/21
- Smoking: Don't smoke
- Alcohol drinking: Frequently
Etty Lau is a professional dancer for the Film and Music Industry in Los Angeles, CA. She has appeared in numerous music videos and films, as well as award shows such as the Grammys and Soul Train Awards with Artists like Madonna, Ricky Martin, Jewel amongst many others. Etty was also part of the "orginal" Pussycat Dolls cast, and performed with the then dance troupe at the Viper Room and other private events. For the past 10 years, Etty has performed most extensively with Jane's Addiction, beginning with their Relapse Tour in '97, and has since become their prime dancer for most of their tours and shows until the band broke up in 2004. Additionally, Etty was the creator and a dancer for the "Lolla Girls", which was a dance troupe that was featured on the Lollapalooza tour in '03 as the opening act for Jane's Addiction. In 2002, Etty married Jane's Addiction's front man Perry Farrell, and the couple now have two boys together. Perry wrote a few songs so far about Etty, including "Wrong Girl", "To Match the Sun" from the Jane's Addiction '03 release "Strays", and one unreleased Jane's Addiction song titled "Cling to you". Perry has since wrote an entire piece of music based around their relationship, called Satellite Party. Etty recorded vocals on the the 07' release of Perry Farrell's Satellite Party album titled "Ultra-Payloaded". She is now touring with the group as a singer and dancer. Because of their hectic touring schedule, Etty and Perry have sent their boys home to Kong Kong to live with Etty's mother. In an odd twist of fate, the boys are attending school in Tsim Sha Tsui, at a school that Etty, as a little girl, used to walk by everyday on her way to school.
- Favorite Music: www.nrdc.org/ www.stopglobalwarming.org/ www.global-cool.org/ www.satelliteparty.com/ www.lollapalooza .com/ www.seventhgeneration.com/ www.bushin30seconds.org
- Favorite Movies: 2046, Moulin Rouge!, Closer, In the Mood for Love, Chicago, Ever After, The Red Violin, What Dreams May Come, Good With the Wind, Casablanca, All Harry Potter Movies, Stictly Ballroom, The Birdcage, Grosse Pointe BlankThe Sixth Sense, All X-Men movies, The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady, All That Jazz, Cabaret. Sabrina... HACKING DEMOCRACY on HBO
- Favorite Tv Shows: MSNBC Investigates/ Daily Show/ Dave Chapelle Show/ Cheaters (embarassing guilty pleasure) - I really don't have time to watch television all that much...
- Favorite Books: I LOVE to read!!! I wish I have all the time in the world to read!!! Too many to list...Age of Innocence/ Good With the Wind/ Sense and Sensibility/ Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil/ Jewish Literature/ Jewish Wisdom/ Shanghai Refuge/ Fortune's Daughter/ Night/ Children of Paradise (must read by all parents)/ the Harry Potter series/ Historic Novels/ Stop Global Warming-The Solution is you!/ From Cradle to Cradle/ Snow Flower and the Secret Fan/
- Favorite Faves: **MY CHILDREN - Fearless, Honest &; Loving. **MY HUSBAND - Whom in triumph never looses his humility and kindness; In darker times retains his strength, virtues and sense of humour.
- Myspace: ettyfarrell