•Lyrical/interpretative dance (all forms of dance)
•Choreography and skills for movie/camera shooting
•Creative integration of different dance genres
International dance star, choreographer, and teacher, all rolled into one
beautiful package! Lucia is a rising star that exemplifies the contemporary
woman. With exceptional dancing skills and perceptions, Lucia has made
a change in the modern dance world, both by her own choreography and by
her teachings, and is spreading her new dance principles to Asia.
Born and raised in Toronto, Canada, Lucia started dancing when she was
4, performing recitals and proceeded to prestigious concert halls in Toronto,
such as Massey Hall and Roy Thomson Hall. She later attended The Xing
Ballet & Chinese Dance School, Baythorn School of Arts and Unionville High School of the Arts. Eventually, she was admitted into the most prestigious National Ballet School, one of the top three ballet schools in the world, where she went through building a solid foundation for her dancing and her teaching career.
At the tender age of 17, Lucia founded her own youth dance company, The Kaiyotes Dance Inc., while attending school. With her talented skills, she incorporated and choreographed new concepts and techniques into conventional dancing, thereby gaining her and her company numerous international awards.
Lucia continued on touring the world, winning many dance awards and eventually landing a role in theHollywood film with Antonio Banderas in “Take The Lead”.
Lucia is now in Asia, promoting her unique style and choreography to students, and hoping to incorporatenew elements into new dance routines, bringing dancing to a brand new level of entertainment.
Some of Lucia Tam’s professional titles include:
• 2008 American Championship in Smooth
• 2008 Finalist in Miss Asia Beauty Pageant in Hong Kong
• 2008 1st Runner up for Miss Asia Beauty Pageant in Toronto
• 2008 1st place for A1 Cover Girl Contest
• 2007 Professional American Smooth Finalist
• 2006 American 9 dance Canadian Champion
• 2005 9-dance American Smooth Champion
• 2005 Falls Premier Ball Professional 9-Dance Champion
• 2005 Appeared in the movie “Take The Lead” with Antonio Banderas
• 2005 Top Canadian Dancesport Montreal Professional Rhythm
• 2004 Maple Leaf Classics Canadian Professional 9-Dance Champion
• 2004 Dancesport Montreal Professional Smooth & Rhythm Finalist
• CDTA Member (Canadian Dance Teacher Association)
• Numerous public performances and commercial appearances
Lucia Tam believes that being a versatile dancer is the art of a true dancer. She specializes in Jazz Funk, Ballroom, Lyrical, Modern Contemporary, Theatre and Jazz.
In addition to Tam’s great success with her personal endeavors in the dance stream, she has also lead her dance company to many honorable Canadian titles and has been recognized nationwide for teaching them the art of being versatile dancers and mastering the technique of each dance.
Kaiyotes titles include:
1st place in Toronto Regions in Jazz Funk (2004)
1st place in Canadian Finals for Lyrical (2005)
3rd place in North American Dance Contest in Lyrical (2006)
2nd place in North American Finals in Lyrical and Theatre (2007)
Her recent relocation to Asia was inspired by her belief that she could bring her unique style and choreography ideas to Hong Kong and to share it with those who love and appreciate dance. Today she hopes to succeed to influence other dancers to be versatile with their talents and to encourage young artists to keep pursuing their dreams.